Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers’ plans were thrown into further disarray on Friday afternoon with the announcement of two more Double Gameweeks.
Double Gameweek 28 will feature two fixtures for Aston Villa, Leeds United, Newcastle United, Southampton, Watford other Wolverhampton Wanderers, while Double Gameweek 29 will involve Arsenal, Brighton and Hove Albion, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle United other Tottenham Hotspur playing twice.
Only one side – Newcastle – have back-to-back doubles in Gameweeks 28 and 29, so 11 different clubs are affected.
Only seven outstanding fixtures now remain unscheduled but more will have to be rearranged as a result of the clash with the FA Cup in Gameweeks 30 and 33.
DOUBLE GAME WEEK 28 FIXTURES
DOUBLE GAME WEEK 29 FIXTURES
TEAMS WITH THE MOST FIXTURES OUTSTANDING
- Leicester (3)
- Arsenal, Burnley, Chelsea, Everton (2)
- Aston Villa, Norwich, Spurs (1)
- Brighton Brentford Crystal Palace Leeds Liverpool Man City Man Utd Newcastle Southampton Watford West Ham Wolves (0)
The above outstanding matches will have to be fulfilled from Gameweek 31 onwards.
DOUBLE GAME WEEK OUTLOOK
- Game week 26: A Double Gameweek for Arsenal, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leeds, Liverpool, Spurs, Watford other wolves
- Game week 27: A Double Gameweek for Burnley. three sides Arsenal, Chelsea other liverpool, blank.
- Game week 28: A Double Gameweek for Aston Villa, Leeds United, Newcastle United, Southampton, Watford other Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Game Week 29: A Double Gameweek for Arsenal, Brighton and Hove Albion, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle United other Tottenham Hotspur.
- Game Week 30: No chance of a Double Gameweek and a near-certain chance of it being a Blank Gameweek, as it will clash with the FA Cup quarter-finals. Aston Villa v Arsenal, Wolves v Leeds other Leicester v Brentford are the only fixtures that so far will definitely go ahead.
- Game Week 33: A free midweek does allow for a Double Gameweek, although the weekend games do clash with the FA Cup semi-finals, too.
- Game week 36: A free midweek allows for a double game week. This is likely to be the biggest Double Gameweek of the season.
There is also a chance of there being other small Double Gameweeks in Gameweeks 31, 32, 34, 35 and 37, with the results of cup competitions home and abroad likely to dictate that.
BLANK GAMWEEK 30 LATEST
|Game week 30 match||Current status||Game will go ahead if…|
|Wolves v Leeds||Guaranteed to go ahead in Gameweek 30*||–|
|Arsenal v Aston Villa||Guaranteed to go ahead in Gameweek 30*||–|
|Leicester v Brentford||Guaranteed to go ahead in Gameweek 30*||–|
|Man City v Brighton||Possibly blank||Man City are beaten by Peterborough in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Newcastle v C Palace||Possibly blank||Palace are beaten by Stoke in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Norwich v Chelsea||Possibly blank||Chelsea are beaten by Luton *and* Norwich are beaten by Liverpool in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Watford v Everton||Possibly blank||Everton are beaten by Boreham Wood in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Burnley v Southampton||Possibly blank||Southampton are beaten by West Ham in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Spurs v West Ham||Possibly blank||Spurs are beaten by Middlesbrough *and* West Ham are beaten by Southampton in the FA Cup fifth round|
|Liverpool v Man Utd||Possibly blank||Liverpool are beaten by Norwich in the FA Cup fifth round|
Full-year memberships, monthly subscriptions and a FREE trial are all now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analysis of our OPTA-powered statistical tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyze players head-to-head.
ALREADY A USER? CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT
NEW TO SCOUT? CLICK HERE TO START A MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT